Mathematica Contracts Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a Contracts Manager to join our Business Operations group in our Washington, D.C. office. The Contracts Manager will provide a full range of contracting services including drafting contracts and subcontracts. Major responsibilities include contract and subcontract administration and contract and subcontract negotiations. The Contracts Manager will perform diversified duties requiring knowledge of Mathematica’s contract and project activities, policies, procedures, personnel as well as a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract and subcontract documents to understand the responsibilities and obligations of the contracting parties and to perform contract and subcontract administration**
- Negotiating contracts in conjunction with the Corporate Legal Counsel’s office**
- Providing contractual guidance to project directors, project managers and other staff**
- Preparing and submitting of administrative and other reports to federal agencies and the maintenance of the company’s registration in SAM government database system.**
- Experience managing full range of contract types and requirements from cradle to grave (especially US Government contracts)**
- Assist in the management of the company’s small business subcontracting program, to include identifying and classifying potential small business partners, collecting and analyzing subcontracting data, preparing and submitting required subcontracting reports, and representing the company before the Small Business Administration.**
- Preparing and reviewing Small Business Subcontracting Plans to meet the Small Business Administration’s requirements**
- Attendance at monthly project review meetings**
- Interface with client contracting officers to request modifications, funding, increase in contract value, etc. **
- Preparing applicable contract correspondences to include 75%/85% limitation of funding letters and requests for additional funding for complex contract actions**
- Actively participates in senior management meetings by providing guidance to project teams as it relates to monitoring contract and subcontract cost and technical terms, schedules, and the accomplishment of contractual obligations**
- Preparing modifications to implement changes to contract and subcontract agreements and preparing notification revisions for dissemination to interested staff throughout the company**
- Updating the contract database to incorporate changes based upon contract and subcontract modifications **
- Designs reports using information in the contracts database for pre-award and post-award purposes**
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Liberal Arts and Sciences, or similar discipline and seven plus years’ experience in contracts management or other comparable experience. A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- 7+ years of experience with FFP, T&M and Cost Reimbursement type contracts
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Familiarity with RFPs, RFQs, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Data Use Agreements.
- Familiarity with government databases such as SAM, ESRS, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure and to set priorities with minimal input
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite clearance.
- Available Locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ*
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.